Looks like Elisa could not figure out how to localize the verb “recommend” to Finnish..
The screenshot is taken from Elisa Viihde main page (red underlines are mine).
Update: @jarkko made a good point: this might actually be a problem on Facebook side.
How to ruin the experience for users on your site
Have a huge, irrelevant banner ad on the top of your landing page so users have to scroll to get to where they need to go.
First impressions: google maps for iPhone.
- The UI is clean and snappy.
- Maps load fast also on slower 3G connection.
- Search is super, although some results easily found with web search are not found with maps search
- Navigation is smooth and re-routing fast. Has the key features for basic turn-by-turn navigation.
- Maps look clear.
- Streetview is super.
- The app seems to trust the position accuracy of the GPS a little but too much, advising re-routing when instead you are still on the initially planned route.
- Hearing the finnish street names read in English is funny at first, pathetic later.
Overall the experience is pretty nice.
List of apps not yet ready the iPhone 5 resolution
I thought of keeping a list of the apps I use and are not yet supporting the new screen resolution even though the phone has been shipping for almost a month already…
# Spotify (updated on November 6th, 2012)
# LinkedIn (updated mid November)
# whatsapp (updated mid November)
# DrawSomething (updated mid November)
# Skype (updated mid November)
- Google translate
# Quora (updated mid November)
I will keep updating the list as things change. Last update: November 17th.